How can I help my toddler nap?
There are several things that you can do to help your child nap.
Keys for a good naptime
A good routine for naps will help your child to learn to sleep well and on their own.
• Keep naptime at about the same time every day
• It’s best to make your toddler’s naptime start in early afternoon nap
• Have a wind-down or quiet time before the nap, like a naptime routine
• Nap in the same place every day, as often as possible
• When possible, have your toddler nap where he sleeps overnight – like in their bed when they are at home
• End the nap by 3:00 p.m., or 4:00 p.m. at the latest – napping late in the afternoon make night time sleep more difficult.